Click to Home
Go To Search
Click to Home
Email pagePrint page
Passports and Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL)
US Passports and Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL)
US Passports 

Effective June 1, 2009 a passport is required for all U.S. citizens who travel outside the United States. The Wixom City Clerk’s Office accepts U.S. passport applications as an added service to the community and participates in the Passport Application Acceptance Program to assist United States Citizens intent on international travel and to protect the integrity of the U.S. passport as proof of U.S. citizenship.

Hours of Acceptance

The Clerk’s Office accepts passport applications Monday through Thursday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.  Applicants who cannot apply during those hours are required to call ahead and schedule an appointment.

Items Required and Fees when Applying in Person at the City Clerk's Office

Individuals who wish to apply for a passport must present original documentation of citizenship, such as a previous U.S. passport, certified birth certificate, naturalization certificate, certificate of citizenship, or a report of birth abroad. Proof of identification is also required, such as a valid driver’s license, passport, naturalization or citizenship certificate, or official military identification card with photo.

Passport Application:
 Click link to complete and print an application or an application form may be obtained from the Clerk's Office.

Photos: One photo (2" x 2" in size) of your head and shoulders is required when applying for your passport. Passport photos may be taken at the Clerk’s Office for an additional $12.00 charge or may be obtained from your local drug store, the UPS Store or AAA (for members). The photos should be clear, front view, full face of the applicant. The applicant should be in normal street attire, without hat or dark sunglasses, against a plain white or off-white background. The applicant should have a natural expression with mouth closed and eyes open and looking directly ahead. Photos in which the face of the applicant is not in focus will not be accepted.

Proof of Citizenship and Photo Identification: You must provide an original birth certificate or naturalization form (no photocopies). This document is required to be sent with your application; however, all original documents will be returned to you. The acceptance agent also needs to see a valid driver’s license or state- issued identification card.

Two Parent Consent Age Change: Since February 1, 2008, the consent of both parents is required for all minors under the age of 16 (formerly the age of 14). When both parents cannot be present at the time of application for the child’s passport the use of form DS-3053 (Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances) is required. Along with form DS-3053 (Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances) the absent parent/guardian will need to submit a copy of their “valid” driver’s license both front and back. Copies should be clear and legible and double sided copies are not acceptable.

The Passport Card: is only valid for land and sea travel between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean region and Bermuda. The passport card will provide a less expensive, smaller and more convenient alternative for those who travel to these destinations.

Fees: When you come to apply you need to bring with you two checks or money orders to cover fees since we do not accept credit cards and cannot send cash through the mail with your application. (See fee chart below for current rates.)

Fee Type

New Passport

(Dept of State)


New Execution

(City of Wixom)


Combined Fees


Passport Book Age 16 and Over




Passport Book Age 15 and Under




Passport Book by Mail (Adult)




Passport Card Age 16 and Over




Passport Card Age 15 and Under




Passport Card By Mail (Adult)




For first time applicants who apply for both documents at the same time, one of the execution fees is waived.

If you need your passport expedited (2-3 week processing time) please contact our office for the most current fees.

If you are traveling within two weeks and are in need of an emergency passport you will need to contact the Department of State Passport Agency at (887) 487-2778.

Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL): (Click on link) Effective April 21, 2009 Michigan residents may begin applying for the State of Michigan’s new enhanced driver’s license. The option card is convenient, affordable and the most flexible option for travelers to meet tougher federal document requirements that go into effect at America’s land and sea borders on June 1. Enhanced driver's licenses are equipped with the latest technology to speed up border crossings and deter fraud and are available to Michigan residents who are also a citizen. The enhanced driver’s license costs $45 while enhanced state identification cards are $30. Applicants will receive them in two to three weeks. The link above will provide you with more information on the enhanced driver’s license and locations where they can be obtained.

Events Calendar
Mon, Aug. 24
Wixom Public Library Board Meeting

Tue, Aug. 25
City Council Meeting

Tue, Sep. 8
City Council Meeting

Do you offer notary services?
License - What do I need to get my dog license? Do I have to get a new one every year? How many dogs am I allowed in the City? Do I have to license my cat?
How do I get a license for my dog?
Do I need to get a license for my cat?
Do I need a permit for a backyard party or a block party?
How do I get a license to sell products or services?
Do I need a permit for a garage sale?
Does the City prepare, store and copy birth and death certificates?
How do I obtain birth/death records, a deed?
Wixom City Hall • 49045 Pontiac Trail • Wixom, Michigan 48393 • 248-624-4557 • [email protected]
Home Home  |  Email Page Email Page  | Print Page Print  |  Calendar  |  FAQs  |  Directory  |  Access  |  Site Map |  Renewable Energy Windpowered | Site by CivicPlus  | Copyright  | Disclaimer